Thursday, December 15, 2016

MORNING MOONSCAPE

This morning's beautiful scenery brought to us by the moon.

I don't have an automatic starter in my car, so "warming the car up" means I have to freeze my ass off for about ninety seconds while I run outside, unlock the door, lean in, start the car, lock it back up, and run inside for a few last minutes of morning prep.

This isn't as horrible as it sounds.  Take this morning, for example.  The view?  Amazing.

The moon hangs in the sky, still luminous from its overnight perch, and the scene it creates is magnificent.  As a matter of fact, I have no words.  But, I do have pictures.  Before I leave for work, I snap a few with my cell phone.

Good thing, too.  By the time I pull into my parking space, dawn is creeping in and the moon has disappeared behind low trees.