Friday, December 9, 2016

WHAT'S ON SALE?

Dear Kohl's:

Really?  Seriously?  It's the holiday season, for crimeney's sake.  Do you want me to spend money ... or not?  Throw me a damn bone, will you?

It has probably been a year since Kohl's sent me a 30% off coupon.  When they do, I routinely go in and spend a couple of hundred dollars on crap I don't really need -- suitcases, pants, earrings, gloves...  But, I spend money.

That's the whole point.  Spend.  Money.  Spend.  SPEND.

So, what's with the damn 20%?  I'm probably not even going to wander into the store for 20%.  Your prices are inflated to start with, and 20% probably won't even cover my car's gasoline expense to visit your store.

Look, it's Christmas.  It's Hanukkah.  It's Kwaanza.  It could be Merry-frigging-Sherlapone-Bumpkin Day.  Give everyone 30%.  Be like Oprah.  "You get a 30% coupon, and you get a 30% coupon.  Everybody gets a 30% coupon!"

No.  You have to insult me with your cheap-ass 20%.

Oh, well.  Sorry, folks.  Probably nothing from Kohl's under the tree this year.  Unless, of course, I run into a really, really good sale, in which case I just might be convinced to head in (with my 20% off coupon, of course).