Friday, December 30, 2016

ONE MORE DAY

(Boston, January 1)
I have one more day to finish all the shit
I wished accomplish in 2016.
Yeah, like that's going to happen.
Not.
My cellar is three-quarters done
(Which is better than it has been in years).
I am only two months behind in
Reading my magazines.
I didn't wrap up any professional writing,
But I wrote my blog every damn day.
I didn't get to visit my siblings, though I did
Randomly manage to see them all this summer.
I didn't get through my sewing repair pile, but
I did get rid of a bunch of crap to local donation boxes.
On the other hand, though,
I did take my first airplane ride
(And my second, third, fourth...).
I became a grandmother
(Retaining my beauty and youth, of course).
I unexpectedly got out of the country on an
Impromptu trip to Montreal.
I beat the crap out of cancer when
It attached itself to my face.
I let my hair color grow out because
Gray is easier to manage.
I have a few more things on my 2016
Bucket list that might get done.
If not, it's really
No big deal.
Maybe I'll add them to my 2017 list.
I have one more day to wrap up the old and
Prep for the new.
This is why I don't make resolutions --
I make a list of suggestions.
That way, if something important comes up
(Like visiting the grandchild or partying in Canada),
All I have to do is make room on the list.
Broken resolutions are failures;
List edits and additions are progress.
One more day for 2016 wishes;
The rest of my life for spontaneous adventures.
Sounds like a reasonable trade-off to me.