Thursday, December 8, 2016

COLD SHOULDER ... AND LEGS AND FACE AND TOES AND HANDS...

Turns out yesterday's bad day wasn't just me being a bitch (although that could easily have been the case).  I have been feeling like crap for a couple of days, and yesterday through last night and into this morning, I could not regulate my body temperature.

Well, that's not exactly true because even when taking my temperature, I register at an even 98.6 before leaving for (dragging my ass to) work.  My face is flushed and my eyes are burning -- both sure signs that I am sick.  Also, I am freezing all day -- Not a single hot flash, not even when I run down the hallway to make the ten copies I'm short for my last class.

(This is what I need!)
The weirdest thing, though, happens while I'm sleeping.  My body temperature drops so far that I awaken in the middle of the night absolutely freezing even though I'm in flannel sheets and under multiple blankets.  I am so cold that I have to shiver and warm myself up for about twenty minutes before I can even get out of bed to put on socks.

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear I am dead.  That's how cold my body is.

I sleep two more hours then drive my sorry excuse for humanity to work, feeling like shit and thankful that the girls' room is directly across the hall from my room in case I decide to hurl, which probably won't happen since I haven't eaten anything in more than twelve hours.  During the day, four more teachers come along and tell me how they feel funky, just not right -- headache, body aches, chills, upset stomach, but no fever.

I don't know what's wrong with us, but I do know that I'll be wearing flannel pj's and socks to bed tonight.  It may not cure what ails me, but hopefully I won't wake up as a zombie searching for my big slippers and winter jacket to get me through the final hours of sleep before work.