Friday, September 9, 2016

WEARING THE HEELS

Today is my second day of "Wear Heels to Work" mode.  I'm dressing up, and I'm wearing kick-ass shoes to match my outfits.

I do not know why I am doing this.  I'm going to be on my feet all day long, both days.  I guess my DSW and Famous Footwear addiction has caused enough guilt for me to suffer for two days.  I mean, if I buy the shoes, I really should wear the shoes.

Actually, the shoes are not uncomfortable.  It's all about my feet -- broken several times in several places, cut through the nerves, rebuilt better than the bionic woman's feet, and suffering Morton's neuroma (which causes real and phantom pain). 

It doesn't matter if I wear heels or flats, my feet are going to complain by the end of the day.

My feet are reasonably comfortable through day #1, and they're actually comfy on Day #2 for the most part.  The shoes are on the sexier side, but they're made by Naturalizer, a known practical shoe brand, so my paws aren't crying.  Well, until I've been on them for eight hours.  I push one more hour, hour #9, when I go to vote in the state primary.

I don't know why I vote in the state primary because most people on the ballot are running unopposed for local things like Head Salt Miner and Grand Poohpah of Pittances and Sheriff of Schlock.  Walking back to my car across the lot after voting, my right foot finally starts screaming.  By the time I get home, it feels as if and entire section with the ball of my foot is being ripped out.

It's not the shoes' fault, though.  This is my badder foot of the two bad feet -- the one that has been surgically made to look like a foot again; the one with the weird nerve disorder; the one that pretends to be hurt when there's nothing actually wrong with it.  Don't blame the comfy Naturalizers.

Tomorrow I'm going to wear another dress because it is going to be 90 degrees.  I'm going to wear more practical sandals, though, because we haven't yet had our annual fall fire drill.  I want to make sure that I can get out of the building safely, but I also want to make sure my feet look kick-ass while doing so.

In the meantime, my paws and I will rest tonight.  Maybe there's something worth watching on television.  Maybe I'll play games on my phone.  Maybe I'll go to bed early.  No matter.  My feet will be ready for tomorrow.  I've already lined up five possible choices for tomorrow's fire drill extravaganza, so I'm sure something will match my outfit, yet again.