Thursday, September 29, 2016

ANOTHER DOO-DOO DAY BUT WITH CHOCOLATE

Apparently my doo-doo work days continue.  After spending hours and hours on one project, staying late two days this week to tackle it plus weekend time, I get the old monkey wrench tossed in ninety minutes after I am (was) scheduled to go home today.  An hour and a half of my life I will never, ever retrieve, not to mention the other massive hours over the last few days.

In short, my life sucks a little bit right about now.

There is a bright spot in the maelstrom, through.  Today a coworker asks me if I've lost weight.  I haven't really, but I did start the summer with a pretty decent exercise regime.  The routine lasted until I caught the grippe in mid-August.  Six weeks, some rest, and a course of antibiotics later, I'm finally getting my groove back.  My coworker's observation gives me hope that my sabbatical from exercise hasn't been a complete bust.

Okay, so maybe I've exercised a little during the dreaded plague -- walked some, moved a little furniture, and kayaked about six miles,  Lost weight?  Nah.  Reawakened a few muscles?  Probably.

I've run the gamut from healthy to sick to overworked.  I'm exhausted and I actually shed a tear or two in front of the same coworker who had hours earlier complimented me.  (I'm sure she's damn sorry now that she spoke to me at all.) 

What is the next logical step in this "feel better look good" saga?  What else would it be -- M&Ms.

There is logic to all of this.  You see, after my doo-ey pile day Monday and my doo-doo day today, M&Ms look a little bit like colorfully covered pooh-pellets.  And, isn't chocolate supposed to lift one's mood?  I eat the entire bag -- not a big bag, but not a small one, either.  I eat all the M&Ms.  Every.  Last.  One.

Yup.  I don't feel so poopy anymore, and I'm no longer distressed about losing ninety precious minutes of my life today.  I'm not feeling as thin as I did a few hours ago, but sometimes getting the weight off the brain and lowering the blood pressure is just as important.

Maybe I should've saved a few M&Ms for work tomorrow.  I just know it's going to be another doo-doo of a day, but I'll wear something slimming and hope for the best ... oh, and leave on time ... even though I have to go back to work for three hours at night. 

Send M&Ms, people.  This is an emergency.  Send small bags, though.  I'm trying to keep my slim and ritzy figure.