Friday, September 16, 2016

PAINTING THE NIGHT

I'm singing a little ditty that I just made up:

Going to a paint night,
Paint night,
Paint night,
Going to a paint night-
Gonna be FUN!

(Fishy birch tree from Paint Night #1)
Honestly, I suck at painting.  I've done this twice so far.  Once, my birch trees looked like bluefin tuna.   The other time, my clouds looked like a tsunami and my sailboats looked like shark fins.  (Hmmmm, apparently all my paintings are destined to resemble ocean fish of some sort.)

Tonight, though, I am going to try again.  Why?  Because it's a fundraiser at my daughter's work.  I only do this painting stuff for fundraisers, never for fun or educational purposes.  There will be sangria and munchies and my paintbrushes will whisk across the canvas like besotted Flamenco dancers.  In the end, my painting will look like a kindergartner created it.

I don't care.  It's a fundraiser.

Best of all, though, I get to spend time with my daughter and hang out with some of her amazing friends.  It may seem like I'm doing something completely altruistic for a grand cause, but honestly it's just another way to laugh and have fun with fabulous people.

And there will be sangria.  Did I mention the sangria?  In case anyone is wondering where I am, I'll be near the sangria.  With my paintbrushes.  Painting trees and sailboats that look like fish.  Because I can.