Saturday, September 17, 2016

AFTER JUST ONE WEEK

Ladies and gentlemen, I am thrilled to report that after a mere full week of school, I am just as bloody frigging exhausted as I was last June.

It's early Friday evening (when I write this), and I am fighting to stay awake.  By 9:30p.m., I have already dozed off several times, already gotten into pajamas and brushed my teeth, and I may as well be in a nursing home.  Yes, I am already feeling like I need a cane or possibly a wheelchair just to get from the kitchen to my bedroom.

Already I have fantasized about vacation, ignored emails, and willed myself not to smack someone.

In a way, it's nice to know some things never change.  However, in this case, it's a sad, devastatingly horrible draining feeling to wonder if 7:30 is too early to go to bed on a Friday night.

P.S.  It isn't.