Friday, September 23, 2016

NICK NOLTE'S MUGSHOT AND MY WET HAIR

I am letting my hair grow again.

I kept it short all summer, truly short, and loved it.  But, I will soon have some stitches in my face, and I decided to grow my hair again to take the focus off my soon-to-be Bride of Frankenstein look.  This means that my hair is at that bizarre in-between phase.

I could pull it back with a headband, but then my glasses would mess up the look.  It's too long to control and too short to pull back.  I just need to survive a few weeks of growing out my hair.

I call it my "Nick Nolte Mugshot" look.

No word of a lie.  I get out of the shower this evening, get into my pajamas, shake the towel off my head, glance in the mirror, and --

OHMYFRIGGINGGAWD!

Nick Nolte is staring back at me.  Not cute Rich Man, Poor Man Nick Nolte; crazy-eyed "I just got my ass busted" Nick Nolte.

A dab of hair gel and some blow-drying later, I look almost human again ... a little too much like my mother, but no one ever mistook my mother for Nick Nolte's mugshot, at least not to my knowledge.

Here's to letting my hair grow out yet again.  Bless you, drunk Nick Nolte.  Without you, I'd have nothing to aspire to, and I've have to accept myself as I am without the slightest hint of humor or irony.