Wednesday, September 28, 2016

FACE SWAPPING AND POLITICAL POSTS

Social media sucks right now.  That's right, sucks big time.  You see, everyone is posting their political bullshit online.  All you're doing is making undecided people like me crazy. 

If you post facts and reasonable dialogue, I might even hit "like," even if I don't really like the candidate.  It means I like you and the way you present your beliefs, and I am considering the post based on you personally.  If you go off presenting erroneous cartoons and rants and misinformation, you might get a like for being clever, but more likely I'll hide the post because histrionics turn off my brain.  We're still pals, but you'll be more of my pal in mid-November when the gloating is over.

Here's what you don't realize:  Undecided voters do not respond positively to nasty, cult-like, robotic, mass-mainstream commentary.  As a matter of fact, we react just the opposite.  Every time something too slanted and vindictive is posted that reeks of mass political brainwashing, we figure you've drunk the Kool-Aid and you're a mere pawn cult member.  Therefore, the other candidate must be the one for whom we should vote.

Here's what you should realize:  If you really want to convince us to vote for your candidate, post facts.  Real facts, not fake ones like the media is putting out.  Facts that withstand real fact-checking, not that fake crap from Monday's debate moderator.

Here's my take on the current situation.  The only political crap worth posting on social media is if we all take a deep collective breath, shut up about our rabid political slants, and start skewing how we view the election as much as the media skews it for us.  This would be funny and it's entertaining and it's about as real as all of the media's automated, canned, brain-washed talk-points. 

I'll tell you what -- give us all paintball guns.  Whichever candidate is still standing and doesn't have a mouth that's full of glossy liquid latex at the end, that's my leader.  This method is about as sane as the process we're using now ... maybe even more so.  To November -- and beyond!