Saturday, October 31, 2015

TO DUNK OR NOT TO DUNK

There is very little in this world that beats out cookies and milk.  Truly.

The very best would have to be homemade chocolate chip cookies, the Toll House recipe, of course, with ice cold milk in a tall plastic cup.  Tonight, though, I just don't have the strength to bake, so I have to wing it.

Chips Ahoy cookies are the exact opposite of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, but sometimes a girl has to do what a girl has to do, and tonight is one of those times.  I have the little snack packets of cookies, so (hopefully) I'll eat only one pack with four cookies inside.

I'm not a dipper.  I never understood the concept of dunking a perfectly grand cookie into a perfectly flawless glass of milk.  The whole idea is to make the magic happen when the two collide on the palate, not when the cookie melts and crumbles into a cup of dairy liquid.  That just ruins an otherwise dandy cup of milk and trashes a once-edible cookie.  Dunking, for me, is just bad form.

I inhale the Chips Ahoy without hesitation, and the milk isn't far behind.  Truly, very little in the world better is than this.  Now, if there were just a way to prevent Chips Ahoy from becoming Hips OhBoy, I think I'd really be onto something.