Monday, October 5, 2015

INTERNATIONAL MUNCHIES

Scotland two weeks ago; Germany on Friday; Ireland today.  Apparently I am eating and drinking my way across Europe.

Today, my daughter's birthday, we trek to the Holy Grail restaurant for a celebratory dinner.  Most of us order traditional fare -- shepherd's pie, boiled dinner -- except my youngest son, who orders baked panne pasta.  Most of us stick to craft beers (Holy Grail Ale, etc.) except my youngest son, who sticks with a Budweiser.

Ah, yes.  This is the same child who rejected a German chicken hat on Friday.


Perhaps I'll make this a sport.  Maybe I'll eat and drink my way around the globe in the next five weeks so I can land back in America in time for a traditional Thanksgiving meal. 

Anyone interested?  I'm craving a little baba ganoush.