Wednesday, October 21, 2015

WTF, LADY

I'm taking a class that is every Tuesday night from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.  The teacher took pictures of us last week, all of us holding our name paper trifolds, and several of us solo or together with one other classmate.  I remember it well because she had accidentally hit the video record button before she got to me and my teammate.  We smiled then, and waited patiently for the teacher to figure out 21st century technology.

Obviously, she fucked up a simple cell phone camera.  So much for progress.

This week, the teacher decides to go around and name everyone because she studied our pictures.  She gets to me and to my teammate and says, "Who are you?  Are you even in this class?  You're not in this class."

What the fuck, lady.  Really?

This is week #3 of the class.  We've signed in, submitted our work on time online, and contributed at every single class.  Last week I was the one who verbally blew the whistle on a school system (not mine) that was breaking the law, prompting her to drop a dime the following day.  How in the hell can you NOT remember me?

So, my teammate and I say, "Yes, we ARE in the class."

"No, no you're not," she says.  "I don't KNOW you."

Um, you attempted to take our picture last week.  She denies this.  The rest of the class, who all know we ARE in the correct class, stays silent.  Thanks.  Thanks a lot, ya maggots.

I pull out my name trifold and hold it up.  Still, she denies I'm in her class.  Meanwhile, the attendance sheet comes around, and I sign my name to it right next to my printed name on her roster.  She continues to insist that we are not part of her class.


"I don't have any students with your names," she growls.

Oh, honestly.  If I hadn't just sucked down a beer before I got here, I'd drag my fat ass across the room and twist her ear lobes right off.  Worse than this, the indignity of the entire exchange is not the most aggravating part of the evening.  The most aggravating part of the evening is knowing I have to spend three hours with this woman tonight ... and three hours every Tuesday for the next ten weeks.

That's it.  I'm wearing a wig next week just to fuck with her brain.