Wednesday, August 20, 2014

TO TRIVIA OR NOT TO TRIVIA -- THAT IS THE QUESTION



Homework or trivia?  Homework or trivia?  How can I possibly decide?

I have homework from the class I took Tuesday.  I am supposed to show up to Wednesday's class with some kind of basic knowledge of the topic.  But trivia is calling me.  It’s an hour drive with traffic, and it’s a long, lonely, highway-riddled ride home afterward.

Highlighter vs. spending time with friends and family. 

Geez.  I dunno.  I think I’ll take whatever is behind curtain #3, Monty.

Tuesday’s class about English Language Learners has left me less than stimulated.  The facilitator is entertaining and her presentation is good, but really…  Assigning two long articles for homework to be due tomorrow? 

No one mentioned homework.

Besides, tonight is Trivia Tuesday at the pub in Derry.  Our team is pretty good at trivia, finishing 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 4th, then 4th again tonight (Tuesday ... the night I'm supposed to be studying).  And I’ll do just about anything to avoid homework.

And this is why I teach middle school.