Tuesday, August 12, 2014

TAKE-A-DEEP-BREATH TUESDAY



I've decided that it's Take-A-Deep-Breath Tuesday.

With the new school year rapidly approaching, I still have so many things to do, and I'm driving myself crazy trying to get it all done.  On top of that, my dentist has gone MIA, I still haven’t gotten my passport, and the family photos I swore I'd get to are still sitting in multiple boxes.  My cellar is a disaster, my kitchen cabinets desperately need to be cleaned out, and I'm wondering if the inside of my refrigerator is growing new food or just needs a decent wipe-down.  I apologize to relatives I haven't been in touch with (but should be) and deeply regret not getting together more with friends this summer.  I have bills to pay, statements to organize, and I've still got five and a half feet-worth of files to get through before school starts.

See?  I need to chill.  I need to take a breath.  I need to get myself together before I need therapy.  So, today is the day I'm going to take a deep breath and get myself organized.  I'm going to prioritize what can be done in the last few weeks of summer, what needs to be done, and start attacking the list.

The rest of it?  Oh well.  That's what the fall is for.

For twenty-four hours, though, I'm going to cross as many line-items off my to-do list as possible:  pay some bills, work on some files, maybe get the den ready for the three new pieces of furniture I ordered to help my get organized, find a new dentist, gather the paperwork for the passports, and maybe even get the boxes of pictures closer to the scanner.  

After Take-A-Deep-Breath Tuesday, though, I'm going right back to my break-neck speedy summer.  I'm going to cram as much as I can into this season.  I'm going to do just enough to get me rested and back on track, and then I'm going to light the rockets and go full throttle until the last possible moment when the new school year starts.

If you sense the distant aroma of jet fuel, don't panic.  It's probably just me.