Tuesday, August 19, 2014

SCHOOL IS ALMOST HERE




My summer life sort of ends today.

I have three days of classes (just in the morning) to keep up with some new government requirement for my teaching license.  I don't really need to get the new certification yet, but for once in my life, the course is free.  If I take it through an accredited college, it'll cost me upwards of $1,000, so for these classes I'm cutting my summer short. 

Sort of.

The class is only three days, and I still have next week before I have to start seriously gearing up for The Big Return.  But still.  I will be in the school, in a classroom, with other teachers, studying.  Taking a course.  Being … professional.

Ugh.  I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

And, of course, the weather has sucked the last few days -- too cold or rainy to go to the beach.  Today, though … today is supposed to be beautiful.  Sunny.  High 70's to low 80's.  Beach weather. 

I, on the other hand, will be inside a building, pretending I'm a teacher who's ready for fall.  Bah.

My summer life sort of ends today, but it sort of doesn't.  Reality rears its ugly head today and tomorrow and then the next day, but I still have a little bit of time to throw a sun bonnet on Reality's head and cram as much of summer as I can into the short time still awaiting me.

In the meantime, I'll be watching the school clock tick … tick … tick … boom.