Sunday, August 24, 2014

THANKS FOR THE HEATWAVE



Thank you.

I would like to thank my few acquaintances and relatives who’ve taken their air conditioners out of the windows after several weeks of cool, unseasonably chilly New England “summer” weather.

I, too, have made this same mistake.  This is the reason why I know exactly what’s going to happen next.

Heatwave.

I have a few more days off in between school starting and medical appointments and moving the kid back to college.  If I play my cards right, I may be able to get three, four, maybe even five more beach days in before reality comes crashing back into my life.  A few more chances to get sand under my toes and salt in my hair.

So, to those who’ve decided summer already ended and have taken out your air conditioners. I thank you from the bottom of my flip flops to the top of my sun hat.  It is your cynicism that Mother Nature mocks.  Bless you, thank you, and I love you.

Remind me to bring you back some beach rocks; you can place them in the windowsills of your wide-open windows while you desperately attempt to fan yourselves cool.

No, really.  Thank you.  (Insert happy face here.)