Friday, August 15, 2014

SUMMER'S END POETRY

It’s Friday today, and the countdown is on.
I do not know where this whole summer has gone!
I’ve done lots of stuff and gone lots of places,
I participated in two mud 5k races,
I’ve gone to Pennsylvania and driven to Maine,
And out to the coast over and over again.
I finally received my writing degree
When the Powers that Be flipping sent it to me.
I attended pool parties – some planned and some not
Which was great when the weather was too bloody hot.
I ran on the beach; I helped rescue a seal;
I re-learned the basics of BBQ meals;
There’s a list a mile long of stuff still to do,
And how it gets done, I haven’t a clue.
The summer vacation has been wicked fun,
But the countdown is on – It’s practically done.
The one thought that saves me hits me with a smack:
It’s only ten months ‘til the summer comes back.
So here’s to the last hurrah as quickly it goes!
I’ll be back in school soon but with sand in my toes.