Tuesday, April 15, 2014

TAKE COVER, LITTLE THESIS!

The flu has finally hit my thesis.

Not me.  Not yet, anyway.  Not directly.

Today I missed an important email through no fault but my own.  Had we not had a faculty meeting, I would've gotten the email in time, but I have to keep my phone off during these things.  I should've checked and been late to the meeting, so I guess that is on me.  My professor for class is sick and has to cancel.  This also means that my final thesis edits are not getting back to me today.  (Honestly, if flu germs are attached, it's all good.)

I feel bad, though.  My poor professor.  If she has the flu strain that's going around, she's going to be down and out for three or four days.  I feel like a wienie complaining about a cold I am semi-battling.  I'm a wimp.

Unfortunately this means my thesis may not make it to the finish line, but I can live with that.  I just hope this isn't karma.  After all, the very first class I took with this teacher, I was the one who got ill suddenly during class.  If my bad karma bit her by mistake, I will feel terribly guilty.

And yet ... I'm not willing to take the flu hit for her.  She can have it.  I don't want it!

Take cover, little thesis!  And whatever you do, don't let any germs get on you and make your way over to me.  School vacation is coming up, and I'd rather spend it being healthy ... for a change.

(Feel better, Professor.  Thesis is replaceable; you are not.)