Thursday, April 17, 2014

S - N - O - W = W - T - H

Tuesday into Wednesday .... Dead tired, can't wait to go to sleep, stay up as late as I can so I might sleep soundly.

Doesn't work.

I awaken a dozen times:  Too hot; too cold; rain smacking against the window; sleet bouncing off the window; thirsty from the head cold I have; sore throat from the head cold I have; nightmare; general agita...

I turn the fan on low to move some air and to drown out the sound of the rain. This works for about two hours until the rain turns into ice cubs pounding against the siding.  So I turn the fan to high.  This is great until it drowns out my radio/alarm and I sleep an extra ten minutes.  Sleeping an extra ten minutes is fine until I realize I miss the weather on NECN (Matt Noyes is never wrong).

Matt Noyes says a very bad four-letter word.  S-N-O-W.

I look outside.

Dmanit.  Damnitall.

It snows somewhere in between rain-sleet-fan-radio.  Not only do I sleep like shit, now I have to contend with snow and ice.  Matt Noyes says we're in the "treacherous driving zone."

I don't even bother to wait and hear what Scott Montminy has to say about traffic.  I don't need anyone else telling me the roads suck.  Besides, I'm thinking ahead: I'm going to be outside at a lacrosse game tonight, and I'm already mentally packing for it -- heavy jacket, blanket, foam bleacher seat, extra socks, stick-on heat pads for the toes, gloves, hat, scarf, etc., etc., etc...

Mother Nature, you really are a bitch.  Spring, when the hell are you going to get here for good?

Seriously.  I think I speak for most of us here in New England when I say, "Enough of this shit, already.  Bring on the sun!"

(Now watch it be 90 tomorrow just to bite my ass.)