Monday, April 28, 2014

BACK TO SCHOOL...

A brief poem to my misery:

April break is over; time to go to school
I hate when break is over because it really isn't cool
I'll go see all the students, pretend I really care
When all I want to do is sit at home and eat eclairs

It's late at night on Sunday and I still have work to do
I didn't even do the work I brought home (just a few)
But 5 a.m. will happen quick, my sleep it will not last
And when the alarm wakes me up I'll have to get dressed fast
If truth be known, I'm unprepared to teach so with some luck
I might get through my Monday back that probably will suck
June, you take it way too slow, I need you here right now
If I survive I might see summer break come anyhow
Until then, friends, just be assured your children will all learn
April break is over, now for summer break I yearn
However there's still one more thing to live through: Math MCAS
I hope to survive testing schedules (pains in my fat ass)
And if I make it through this last few weeks then I can say
That come September, back I'll come, and repeat anyway

Happy Monday, everyone.  (To my NH friends -- enjoy your break.)