Saturday, April 19, 2014

BREAK TIME!

April break is on here in Massachusetts.  I have to be honest: I don't know why we have it.

No, truly.

 It's so late.  It can't be in case of a blizzard because it's really late for that.  And it can't be in case of flu because we've already been hit by waves of flu (and I do mean waves).

So, why do we have it?

I'm all for eliminating February and April breaks in exchange for a week in March, which has no holidays or long weekends.

Don't get me wrong.  As a public school teacher, I'm thrilled to have a week to recharge and regroup.

But seriously.  Do I need it? 

I suddenly have The Who's "Magic Bus" running through my mind.  You know which part I mean; the part when Roger Daltrey sings, "I want it ... I waaant it ... I want it I want it I want it...."

Truth is I'd rather have one week in March and get out of school sometime before June 30th for a change.  That's the real change I'd like to see. 

Don't be teasing me with any stinkin' April vacation -- Come back in June when you really mean it!