Monday, February 26, 2018

QUEEN OF CARDBOARD

When recycling comes around this week, I will be the Queen of Cardboard.

So far I have broken down about twenty-five boxes, a bunch of cardboard packing items (beer boxes, cereal boxes...), toilet paper and paper towel rolls, oatmeal canisters, and various other items.I have two bags full of magazines I've finally caught up on, along with smaller bags stuffed with the confetti because I started the dreaded job of shredding unnecessary paperwork.

I have great intentions of building a desk that has been sitting in a box in my house for years, waiting for me to figure out where it will go and why exactly I need yet another desk.  I get so far as pulling out all the pieces and making sure that I have all the parts.  Then, to be really, really sure I'm going to build the desk, I break down that giant box, as well.

Of course, the newest family member arrives early, so I'm going on a plane trip, instead.  But, I do make sure all the cardboard (and other recycling) is ready for my return.  I even put the piles of it all in plastic to protect it from the snow and rain we're having off and on.

I don't know what the neighbors nor what the recycling company will think when they see the massive amount of stuff I'm putting out this week, but one thing will be certain: I am the Queen of Cardboard ... for a few hours, anyway.