Saturday, February 17, 2018

EVERYTHING I DO

When I arrive at work in the morning, I'm usually one of the early birds.  There are three or four of us who arrive at roughly the same time to get our acts in gear before the day starts.  Sometimes we straggle.  Occasionally two of us will arrive around the same time and walk in together. 

The other morning for some odd reason, four of us pulled in at the same time.  One entered from the left, one from the right, one came whipping across the back part of the lot, and the other was already turning into the parking area. 

The result?

It looked like Pit Lane at the Daytona 500.

This morning, my coworker and I arrive at exactly the same time.  We are the only two in the lot, and we both have our radios going -- not quite as funny as the other day when we arrive like the synchronized swim team.  I am listening to Sirius radio, a channel I don't listen to often: the 90s station.  It's playing "Everything I Do" by Bryan Adams.  I'm not a huge fan of the song, but I am a huge fan of the Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves movie, despite Costner's inability to master a British accent. 

I roll down my window, wait until my coworker opens her door, and I start singing to her along with the radio.  Unfortunately, it's near the end of the song: "You know it's true ... everything I do ... Ohhhhhhhh ... I do it for YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

She has been listening to the exact same song and same station, so she thinks I'm just being a silly karaoke gal, but honestly, my coworkers totally rock.  So, guess what, coworkers?  I do love you.  It's true.  So maybe when I see you all after our winter break, I might just serenade you, especially if you arrive when I do.

Of course, if you're smart, you'll re-plan your arrival time to spare your eardrums.  If not, well -- Everything I do ...