Monday, February 19, 2018

HEY, GET HEALTHY ... OR NOT

So far my "Hey, Get healthy!" week has started off badly. 

Friday night I eat pasta and drink soda.  This is bad mostly because I don't really drink soda anymore as soda is basically mainlining sugar.  I work all day Friday, so I suppose my break-neck speed at work can be considered some form of exercise.  Seriously, though, this is not a stellar start.

Saturday I go wine tasting and mead tasting.  Oh, sure, I eat a salad for dinner, but I cannot decide on water, wine, mead, prosecco, or beer for refreshment.  I end mixing orange juice with raspberry mead and some prosecco to improvise a mimosa-like drink.  Hmmm.  Prosecco is like mainlining sugar, too, though.  Exercise for today consists of walking around the wine store, the liquor store, and the grocery store.  I don't think that really counts.

Sunday isn't much better.  I start with the improvised mimosas again, but I make some Greek yogurt bagels.  These are healthy.  The problem is that I eat several over the course of the day.  Three, to be exact.  Today's exercise plan is to break down empty boxes and start sorting through the spare room.  Believe me, no sweat is being wasted on this.  I do shovel a little bit because it snows about four inches overnight, but snowshoeing isn't really an option by the time I'm done because everything is melting already.

So far my "Hey, Get Healthy!" plan is not working.  I might have to do something drastic like clear off the universal weight machine in the basement or take the piles of holiday wrapping paper off the rowing machine.  I'm not sure I'll actually use the machines, but I do have to move stuff.  That counts as exercise, right?

Work with me, folks.  My intentions are solid.