Wednesday, February 7, 2018

KNEE FORECASTING

Red sky at morning: Sailors take warning.

On the way to work today, the sky is gorgeous.  It's red and orange and yellow and purple, and while the view is magnificent, the old adage stays with me.  It is the 40th anniversary of the Blizzard of '78, and we are due for snow tomorrow.

I am already annoyed that the school district hasn't called an early release or cancelled school for tomorrow.  Maybe I'll be lucky and I won't get caught in it, but I know that luck has zero to do with it.  The weather forecasters say snow IS coming, the red sky morning says snow IS coming, and now, the truest predictor of all ...

My knee.

My knee trouble started two nights ago when the temperature change and the first quick snow system moved through.  I couldn't sleep for a long time because of knee pain.  Since then, my knee pain has been off and on, Tonight, though, I cannot go down stairs without pain.

Guess what, kids!  IT'S GOING TO SNOW. Red sky at morning is sign #1.  A screaming knee is the other.  My forecast = Worse storm than anyone is expecting, but about two feet of snow less than the Blizzard of '78.