Saturday, February 10, 2018

MAGICAL PEA SOUP POTION OF WONDER

I have a coworker who makes the best pea soup in the entire world.

No, truly.  My mother didn't cook much, but the few things she could actually cook, she cooked well, and pea soup was one of them.  My coworker's pea soup blows my mother's pea soup right out of the pan.  I mean, it's life-changing.

The last few weeks at work have been brutal.  B-R-U-T-A-L.  I have never seen one group of adults so in need of time away from each other and their desks as this particular group at this particular moment in time.  One minute we are crying on each other's shoulders, and the next minute we are ripping each others' brains out with more precision than the ancient Egyptians.

In the midst of all of these post conference nights and during all of our personal and professional implosions, my coworker walks into school one day and hands me a bag.  Apparently my expression clearly shows my confusion.

"I had a ham bone in the freezer," she says with a huge grin, "so I made pea soup.  This is for you."

She knows I love her pea soup.  Now, she knows I love her.  I dance around and sing her praises right there in the hallway.  The video cameras are probably registering a disturbance in our wing.  I don't care.  No, truly, I DON'T CARE.  They can send the loony bin people after me, and I could not care any less than I do right now about anything else in the world other than this canister of pea soup.

This is instant and total attitude adjustment with the simple handing over of the bag containing the magical potion.  Magical pea soup.  Pea soup potion.  Magical pea soup potion of wonder.

Do not underestimate the power of homemade soup, people.  It really does cure ALL.