Friday, January 26, 2018

SINGING LOW-DOWN

It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Today my throat feels less scratchy, but my head is full of snot and all kinds of other gross crap.  I drag my ass out of bed, try to get ready for work, change my outfit three times, then head out into the frigid, breezy air.  Snot or not, I have to work today and go to round #2 of conferences tonight. 

In fifteen hours, I can sit down.  I feel like Robert Frost with miles to go ...

I need something to jump-start my morning, so on my way to work I turn on the car stereo as loud as my aching ears can stand it.  I usually sing in the alto vocal range, but this cold has my voice more in the tenor range.  I'm croaking a bit, but it doesn't matter.  I'm on the back roads to work, so no one can see me nor hear me singing. After hitting every low note Sly Stone and his Family are singing, I top it off with some Elvis Costello. 

My cold may not be improving, but my musical repertoire certainly is.  Like this cold, my singing will probably get a heckuva lot worse before it gets any better.