Wednesday, January 3, 2018

I'M AS READY AS I CAN BE

Heeeeeeeeeeere we go again!

This is suspiciously similar to the way 2015 started -- cold with a hint of snow that suddenly became an avalanche.  Two days ago the forecasters predicted maybe seven inches of snow.  Yesterday, the forecast total edged up -- eight to twelve inches of snow.

This picture is the most recent (as of the blog's typing) and most extreme of the weather maps.

The only difference between 2018 and 2015 is that my son is here to help shovel.  In 2015 his car was here, but he was living at college.  I shoveled almost every flake of the 108+ inches of snow that invaded my space, and I had biceps of absolute steel.

Already the shoveling has started.  Christmas Day dumped some snow on us here in the Northeast -- enough for a decent, powdery snowshoeing afternoon.  Already I am returning to snow-fighting form, and I've resorted to packing my snowshoes in my car so I can stop and make tracks at any given moment; a fact that makes me happy.

Why?

Because if this weather map is correct, I'll be outside enjoying winter (which is one reason why I live in New England), getting some well-needed exercise, and taking pictures of our "misery" for the rest of you, so you can all be jealous.

Here we go again, and I'm as ready as I can be.