Wednesday, January 10, 2018

BAD DAY HAPPENINGS - 20 THOUGHTS:


1.  Put on a shirt with long sleeves; my arms are too long for "long" sleeves, apparently.

2.  Hole/run in top of nylons; use nail polish to stem the stitching and almost stick pantyhose to my thigh.  Almost.

3.  Slit in back of dress has let loose a bit; too high a slit for school.  Have to change my outfit and I'm already late leaving the house.

4.  Madly changing, pulling random pants off the hanger in the dark.  Hope they're blue because that's the color of my shirt and my shoes.

5.  Nothing for lunch; throw 1/3 piece of leftover pizza and two slices of turkey into a bag.  I'll lunch like I've reached into a dumpster today -- whatever I pull out of the plastic bag is what I will eat.

6.  Almost forget to make my iced coffee.  Almost.

7.  Shut off the outside light when leaving for work even though it is still dark; I don't waste electricity all day while I'm at work.

8.  Trash day -- Three bags to haul out to curb because recycling/trash never happened during the blizzard last week.  I cannot carry them all along with my iced coffee, so I leave two bags in the walkway.

9.  Drop my backpack and place my coffee down next to my car.  Haul trash bag #1 to curb.

10.  Run back to get other two bags of trash but forget that I put them in the walkway.  It's dark because I shut off the light, and I trip over the two bags, almost landing face-first into the snow.  Almost.

11.  Thank goodness I don't pitch myself into the snowbank because I'm not sure I have time to change yet again.  Almost kick my coffee over in the dark when getting into my car.  Almost.

12.  Traffic is moving at a snail's pace.  Turn to take a shortcut and promptly get stuck behind someone who believes that 50 mph speed limit means 20 mph.  NOT a shortcut. Get to work, put the iced coffee on top of my car to grab backpack out.  Almost forget iced coffee on top of car in the parking lot.  Almost.

13.  Get to work in time to get my second new student in as many days.  Try to assign a locker, but the locker won't open.  Find another locker.

14.  Schedule is short today due to a school function.  Still trying to make up two snow days' worth of work plus Monday and Tuesday's work in a period-and-a-half.  Students are rushing, rushing, rushing so no one is learning, learning, learning.

15.  Get handed paperwork that should have been given to me two weeks ago.  Paperwork is due to admin by tomorrow.

16.  Book I am supposed to start reading for a Thursday class has gone MIA through no fault of my own.

17.  Need to pee before leaving work.  Students are in my wing after school and are having a potty party.  Must walk blocks to get to faculty bathroom.

18.  Try to get to the store and the packie (next to grocery store) after work; stuck behind another person who believes the speed limit is 30 mph less than what is posted ... wondering if it is the same person from this morning possibly going slowly north then south then north ... just to drive us all insane.

19.  Long lines at store.  WHY?  Why, why, why?????  Woman in parking lot backing van out takes three minutes.  WHY?  Why, why, why????  I finally pass her with my cart and make her wait for me.  Temperature has dropped, and I am anxious to get into the car and turn on the heat.

20.  Get home, get groceries put away, get dinner made (steak and salad), sit down to eat.  All I want is an ice cold ... Guess what I forgot to do after waiting in line and dodging moving vans and freezing while putting groceries in the trunk?

No beer for me after a day of bad happenings.  Almost a disastrous day.  Almost.