Saturday, January 13, 2018

BRINGING WORK HOME, OR WHY MY BICEPS LOOK FABULOUS

Lately it seems that I bring work home with me, look at it, try to accomplish something with it, put it back into a pile, then take it right back to work with me.  I am not entirely certain why I even keep up the illusion of doing work at home.  It's not going to happen.

There's a commercial on television, or there used to be, where the weightlifter in the local gym explains his workout routine: "I pick things up, and I put them down."  This is my work-at-home routine.

Plus, my backpack weighs a lot.  Including my lunch, the darn pack probably weighs in around forty-plus pounds.  I'm surprised the strap hasn't fallen off yet.  It is mind-boggling how much crap I can stuff into it and still it will zipper closed and function like a backpack, though it resembles a body bag with its contents.

Still, no matter how much work and how many good intentions I cram into my work backpack, it still functions mainly as my limited form of exercise.  I may not get much work done, but I do get a work-out done.  Bring on the weekend; I'm ready.  I have all kinds of things to accomplish for work next week, and not a lick of 'em will get done. 

However, my biceps will look fabulous, and sometimes that fact alone is accomplishment enough.