Saturday, January 6, 2018

INSULT ME AGAIN -- I DARE YOU


While trying to clear the snow from the walkway and the driveway, I am insulted three times:

1. The wind keeps blowing the snow back into the paths I've shoveled;

2. The outside light doesn't stay on because apparently saving electricity is more important than saving people from slipping and smashing their numbskulls in the driveway;

3. The landlord takes out the snowblower and only clears his driveway, leaving his tenants to suffer and shovel drifts deeper than three feet in the sub-zero wind chills.

So, after I get shoveled out to the best of my ability, and along with the help of my youngest, who needs to get shoveled out for work, I reward myself with a huge chunk of my homemade pumpkin pie and a giamundo slop of whipped cream.  A mimosa helps wash down the cold, the snow, and the slight pissiness of being ignored by a perfectly fine snowblower.

Payback is lovely, though.  The following day I have no work, and my son's office has no internet, so we are both home relaxing, listening to the wind blow like crazy outside.  He has already sipped his way through a glass of wine, and I am still wearing last night's pajamas.

Go ahead, winter and others: Insult me again.  I'm loving every second of it.