Sunday, June 4, 2017

TWO HOURS -- LOCKED IN AND GONE!

It's my own fault. 

I know better.  I have better morals and better values than this.  I feel so ashamed for myself and for my entire family.  I am seriously pathetic and perhaps should branch out and get more of a social life.

I have options, I truly do: over two hundred channel options, to be exact.  Dozens of other activities call me.  I could be sorting the rest of the spare room, cleaning out the basement, paying bills, or posting grades.  I could be reading a book.  I could be grouting my bathroom.

But, no.  I am far, far too pitiful a person.

I suspect that confessing will not make me feel any better, either.  I suspect that it will make me even more atrocious than I already am.  I'd like to say that this is unusual for me, but it turns out that many of my weekends play out the same.

I'm not lying when I say that much of the time I am doing work for the final stretch of school, and it is soothing and helps me pace myself to have the television on in the background.  I can use this as an excuse, but I could be watching sports or listening to the music channels at the top of the dial.

Nope.  I.  Am.  Pathetic.

I am watching television; I am watching the Hallmark channel.  That's right -- Hallmark, as in really cheesy romance movies.  Once in a while a relatively watchable movie comes on, but tonight's movie (one of their all-new ones) is awful.  God fucking awful.  It's so incredibly awful that I still cannot believe (now that it's over) that I semi-watched it.

I am pathetic, and I have no social life.  Okay, that last part isn't really true, but, still.  I am pathetic, and that's two hours I will never, ever recover.