Friday, June 23, 2017

EXHAUSTION, FRUIT, AND SANGRIA

What happens when you start the day at an assembly, spend the middle of the day outside on a warm turf field, and finish it up monitoring a movie in the auditorium?

Exhaustion.  That's what happens; pure and unadulterated exhaustion.

In addition to being exhausted, I am starving.  STARVING.  Because I am slightly dehydrated and covered in sunscreen and sweat, I am craving fruit.

No problem.  I live near two stores that sell fruit - organic fruit, even. 

This all starts out innocently enough: red grapes and blackberries.  But, when I get to the store, green grapes are on sale, as are strawberries and bananas.  I come home with waaaaaaaaaay too much fruit; enough fruit for the entire neighborhood. 

No matter.  I put the fruit into small containers and pick at some of it before dropping into bed.  I am too exhausted to do much more, and, by the morning, I am not nearly so enamored with the thought of grapes, blackberries, bananas, nor strawberries.  However, they will make excellent additions to sangria once I have recovered enough strength to mix up a batch.