Sunday, June 18, 2017

KAYAK IN THE CAR

It's official.  My two break-apart kayaks do not fit inside my new/used car.

I knew better when I bought the car.  I should've held off and kept looking.  I can fit 1.5 kayaks in the car but not both.  Dang it.

Actually, I only try to fit one into my car, anyway.  I am too lazy to carry the second one up from the basement, so I have to eyeball the space in the car.  I've never been very good with visual calculations, so it's still possible that I can somehow manage to get the second kayak completely into the car.  Perhaps I can jury rig the space including the trunk (although the trunk-to-back-seat area actually hogs up rather than adds space).

For now, though, one kayak is in the car, and I have the oars in, as well.  All I have to do is pack my life jacket and I'm good to go.