Sunday, June 11, 2017

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT

The other day at work the vice principal comes in to my room.  I think he's there to observe the final book project, the one I invited him to see.

No.  Something far more sinister is a-foot.

Turns out that some last-minute emergencies have left the school short two chaperones for the trip to Washington, DC, that starts on the Monday that is three days away (from when I get this news).

It's a tempting offer -- go to DC and not pay a dime.  Of course, there is the one small item of watching kiddos 24/7 while I'm there.  Also, New England finally has a stretch of decent weather in the forecast, while in DC, it's going to be in the 90's and 100's and HUMID.  I don't have enough clean underwear to get through a week of sweat-drenched sightseeing.

No matter.  In case you missed it,  WE ARE GOING TO HAVE SOME DECENT WEATHER DAYS. I'm staying put.  DC can wait.