Wednesday, June 21, 2017

I NEED A BREAK NOW

I need a break. 
I'm not sure I'm going to make it two more days.
My bullshit meter is already on overload.
I have lost the ability to be patient in the face of utter and extreme density.
I mutter under my breath ... and maybe over my breath, too.
I honestly don't mind field day at school, except it's late;
By this time of the year, I am as much toast as are the students.
I stay late at work to pack up my room.
I cannot get ahead of the paperwork.
The copy machine won't feed my original papers because of the humidity.
Anyone in my way gets whacked with a figurative sledgehammer.
I've turned into the Hulk.
I'm the woman in Airplane:
"I just gotta get outta here!  I just gotta get outta here!"
I cannot function anymore.
Yesterday I spent an hour doing important paperwork that I could not find this morning;
Lost the papers.
Gone.
Gone, most probably, into the recycling bin.
Of course, I printed them back out today and promptly broke my printer.
Yup.
Broke my printer when humid paper jammed in the machine.
I will find the papers in September when I return.
That's how it always happens.
But, right now, I'm mentally fried.
I'm psychologically tapped.
Everyone ... EVERYONE ... who interacts with me knows this:
I NEED A BREAK.
NOW.