Thursday, March 31, 2016

POETRY IN STAGNATION

I am so exhausted, my exhaustion's even tired.
Sometimes I doze off at my desk - I hope I don't get fired.
I've been keeping crazy hours closing term three grades,
But really all I want to do is snooze and pull the shades.
I try to get in bed on time - Sometimes I shoot for ten,
But suddenly it's midnight and I fall asleep around then.
Morning comes, alarms go off, I pry my eyes awake,
All because another day of teaching is at stake,
And all that different state-required crap is implemented.
It's small wonder that my brain is constantly demented.
I teach a class and then three more before it's time for meeting.
Damn you, Sleep, and you, too, Rest - Your time with me, so fleeting.
I guess I could stop writing now and get myself to bed,
But that would mean these thoughts would roll around inside my head.
I'll spit them out and type them up and post them to my blog
While adding in my final thoughts in this here epilogue:
I know that I am tired and I really shouldn't worry,
But F. U., April break, you'd better move your ass, and hurry.