Saturday, March 12, 2016

THE IRONY OF ICE MELT

Sure.  It's warm out.  Thanks.  No, really.

Never mind that I finally broke down this winter and invested in several large containers of ice melt for the driveway and the walkway.  Don't even consider that I bought a new shovel just for the occasion.

Nope.  You just roll right in here, Spring.  Roll in with both barrels blazing.

Forget about the fact that I'm finally tossing out the air conditioners and have to buy all new ones.  Do not even worry yourself at all about that.  Go right ahead and bring on the heat.  I have gin, I have tonic water, I have lemons and limes, and I have a back-up supply of ice cubes.  I can keep myself cool until the a/c unit sales start.

But, just so we all understand each other, you're not going to pull any of that mid-April blizzard shit on me, right?  I mean, I do have the shovel and I do have the ice melt, but I also have a basement where things like that can hibernate until next fall rolls around.

I don't mind.  No, truly.

I'd be willing to store the stuff for months if you'd ask me to.  I mean, you'd do it for me, right?  So, thanks.  No, really, I mean it.  Thanks!