Sunday, March 27, 2016

HAPPY EASTER

My kids always complained that the Easter Bunny tucked brand new socks in the Easter baskets, hiding stealthily with the candy.  After a long winter of constant sock-wearing (in boots, out of boots, all around the cold house...), socks seemed to be something everyone needed round about spring time, so the Easter Bunny obliged every year.

"Socks?  Really?!  What kind of cheap shit is this?" my kids moaned.

A few years ago, I stopped giving them anything for Easter.  They didn't really eat that much candy anymore, so occasionally we'd get together for dinner and maybe color some eggs.  If the weather were truly fine, we'd color eggs outside on the patio (and drink wine, of course).

A year or two ago, one of my kiddos sighed wistfully and admitted, "You know what I miss the most about Easter?"

So, I'm thinking: Egg coloring, candy, family dinner, ham, day off...

The answer:  "Socks!"

Sorry, kids, the Easter Bunny has been car-less for over a week now, and tomorrow the Easter Bunny takes off for the weekend.  Maybe socks will be on sale when the Easter Bunny arrives back to the zip code.

Happy Easter, kids.