Tuesday, March 1, 2016

MONDAY, MONDAY (ON A TUESDAY)

(Okay, so I know it's Tuesday and all, but I'm writing this on Monday, so bear with me.)

[Everybody sing along...]

Monday, Monday -- Temp hits record high.
Lovely weather, but who knows?  I'm stuck here inside.

Oh, Monday morning - Monday morning when I drank some tea,
But by Monday evening life had crapped a big one on me.

Monday funday? Such a sucky lie.
Monday meetings make me poke myself in the eye.

Oh, Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what's in email.
Oh, Monday, Monday, you're one big clusterfuck of a fail.

Every other day .... every other day of the week is --
NOT Monday!  SCORE!
But whenever Monday comes (whenever Monday comes)
I'm in a meeting trying not to snore.

Monday, Monday -- You're such a pain.
When I leave work all that sun turns right into rain.
But Monday, Monday was never intended for the meek.
Cuz Monday is just one day closer to the end of the week.

Every other day ... every other day of the week is --
Time just to swear.
But whenever Monday comes I keep thinking,
"It's noontime .... somewhere..."

Monday, Monday -- Gotta find my blender.
Monday, Monday -- Going on a bender.
Monday, Monday -- Can't stand that day.
Monday, Monday -- Just go away.
Screw, Monday, Monday...

[Fade out ... with any luck at all.]