Tuesday, March 22, 2016

LIKE AMATEURS

I don't mind going to work in the morning.  I don't even mind when it snows.  But, seriously.  Could we at least get the streets plowed?  Perhaps clear the parking lot so we can see where we're going?

I'm not blaming the school administration as they are only as informed as the DPW allows.  If the head of the DPW says the streets are clear, who's to question?

But the sliding vehicles, the number of accidents I see on the way to work, the fact that the streets have not been touched this morning, all prove that the administration has been punked.  In hindsight, a delay would've been better.  Yes, it would still be snowing, but at least the DPW would have a chance to prove they are not all lazy hacks.

Oh, well.  It's supposed to be progressively warmer for a few days.  After semi-shoveling the five or so inches of white snow before taking off this morning, I'm in no mood to continue shoveling this afternoon.  A lot of it has melted already.  By Wednesday afternoon, the rest of it should be (had damn well better be) gone.

Like I said, I don't mind it, really, but meet me halfway, people.  You knew the storm was coming.  You knew we would be having school.  Get with the goddamned program -- you look like amateurs.