Saturday, March 19, 2016

HUMAN REMORA

My car is going to cost an additional $800 to fix. 

This development brings some agida because the new issues mean the car will not be ready Friday, as suggested to me when I dropped it off on Tuesday.  It may not even be ready on Monday. 

This sucks because it's the first time I have not rented a car when I've been car-less.  I only need to get to work and home, so no harm, no foul.  Now, though, I'm just becoming a pain in the ass to my children and coworkers who have been carting me around. 

I've turned into a human remora. 

There are three positives to this situation, though:
1.  I'll be getting a nice, shiny, dent-less car back;
2.  the other insurance company is covering 100% of the repair;
3.  I don't have to shovel out my car Monday morning.

Yes, I said "shovel" and "Monday" in the same sentence.

Thank you, $800 car repair paid for by other guy's insurance company.  Thank you for saving me from shoveling, but, truly, I would love to have my car back sooner rather than later.