Wednesday, September 30, 2015

HUMID BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN



I’ve fucking had it with this weather.  No, really, I’m not playing around.  I’m sick of it.  Sick to fucking death of it.

A friend called from L.A. today to complain that it is an exceptionally hot September out there.  OUT THERE?!?!  What the … Dude!  It’s fucking eighty-three degrees out here and humid.  My clothing sticks to me in places I didn’t know were stick-able.  I can’t wear make-up for fear it will melt off like some Halloween mask. 

And, my hair – Good jesus, don’t even ask about my hair.  If the humidity goes up any higher, even the Bride of Frankenstein will have to concede defeat. 

Thankfully I am smart enough not to take the air conditioners out of the window too soon.  Right now those babies are cranking away, doing everything they can to keep me from sweating my skin right off.

Oh, sure, if this were the height of summer, I might even consider this weather to be coolish, but, dear god, it’s going to be October in less than twenty-four hours.  For the love of all things sane, shut the fucking heat off already.  If I could sit at the beach all damn day, then, by all means crank it up.  The minions I spend all damn day with have yet to unilaterally discover deodorant and, dare I say for many of them, showering and using soap.

I’ve had it.  I mean, I do love summer; don’t get me wrong.  But truly, enough is enough is enough.  Bring on the snow.   I. Have. Had.  ENOUGH.