Sunday, September 27, 2015

NO TOILET PAPER? GOODBYE, SOCKS.

I spend my Saturday working on putting shoes away.

Don't get me wrong.  Since I had foot surgery almost seven years ago, I started to accumulate shoes, which I haven't been able to wear for years ... decades.  Still, I don't believe that I have an unusual amount of shoes.  Including boots and sneakers and sandals, I have maybe forty-five pairs.

Is that too many?  Seems low to me.

I spend hours and hours organizing by category and color.  Honestly, I do not have THAT many shoes.  It just seems that way until I try to find a pair to wear.

The best part about getting my shoes organized is that I now have two bags full of cardboard to recycle.  I'm committed to purging; the recyclers show up early Tuesday morning, so there's no going back.  The worst part about getting my shoes organized is that now they have to stay that way, which means keeping them neat and where they belong.

Looks like it'll take a lot more than just one Saturday to work on putting my shoes away.

PS - The title of this blog entry is from a friend.  It's from a tagged post on Facebook.  Don't ask unless you want to be assigned a new moniker, as well.  :)