Tuesday, September 1, 2015

BEACH SUNSET


Today I find myself in my classroom, tearing through thirty-nine moving bins, rearranging furniture, and hiding boxes of important stuff (only to discover the cabinet doesn't really truly lock after all).  I make some copies, line up the thirty desks and chairs, but don't bother actually unpacking anything.  The rest I'll do on their time, not mine.

The afternoon rolls in, and the temperature is still in the high eighties. An adventurous friend and I decide that the beach is the perfect way to wrap up the summer break.  And perfect it is until we realize that we cannot face the sun and watch the water at the same time.

The pictures do not properly do the view justice, but the sentiment is the same -- Great afternoon at the beach after a stressful day back to work.  My friend and I are both teachers, but she started work in earnest today; I don't officially go back until next Tuesday.  For now, enjoy.  It may not be quite the same as being there, but it'll hold us all through.