Wednesday, September 9, 2015

SO CLEVER

I think I am so clever.

I hid my school printer from last year and connected it to my computer at work.  This is important because otherwise I would have to print things out remotely, sensitive things like parent emails, guidance information on students, and IEP's.  You know, confidential shit that gets sent to a remote location and printed out in front of god only knows who, or, worse, accidentally gets picked up and left somewhere in the open.

I've known since last spring that my printer is almost out of ink.  I shake the toner cartridge every time I need to print something, so smartypants me looks online today for replacement cartridges on sale.

Guess what!  My work printer is so fancy-schmancy that the cheapest replacement toner is $90.

Well, aren't I just the most brilliant fucking idiot on the planet.

Tomorrow I'm going to WalMart and buying a $25 Cannon printer that comes with $45 worth of ink already loaded.  If I can't get that sucker to connect to the school computer, I can always add it to my printer repertoire here at home.

It's cheaper than $90.  Besides, knowing how things go at work, someone will steal my printer, anyway. This way I'm only out $25 instead of an expensive printer plus a brand new $90 toner cartridge.

Clever?  Who, me?  Dumb as a fucking stump, apparently.

And so it begins.