Sunday, September 13, 2015

HUNGRY TIME

I hate it when I'm hungry and I don't know what I want for dinner.  Take tonight, for example.

I can't decide what kind of salad I want, so I make a tomato and mozzarella and basil salad, but I also make a garden salad with grilled chicken and feta cheese.  I eat some of both.

Earlier I stopped at the store and happened to see packaged pie crusts, so I decide to make ham and cheese calzone to go with the salads.  Do I need to eat calzone on top of two salads, including one with chicken in it?  Of course I do.  I eat two huge hunks of the calzone.

Apparently, I also do not want dinner to end because two hours later, I'm still plowing through a final huge plate of salad, doused in a robust Italian dressing.  I mean, it's healthy, right?  Sort of?

I suppose this is an improvement.  There was a time when being this hungry brought on a chocolate binge.  Now I when I binge, it's on cukes and feta cheese; quite the example.