Friday, February 15, 2013

VALENTINE VENTING



So … I'm blogging with some pals of mine, actually participating in a blog where none of us has been kicked out. 

Wait.  Let me rephrase that. 

We are bloggers (a core group) who collectively have been thrown off of not one but TWO blogs.  That's right -- We as a group have been banned from two blog sites.  Well, first we got banned from one site, a regional news station here in Boston, and then we started a blog site for banned bloggers.  Somehow we blew up that blog, too, so now we're on a blog for banned bloggers who have also been banned from the blog for banned bloggers.

It is the Blog for Banned Bloggers From Banned Blogs.

We are multi-talented.  We are alliterative.  We are alliterally multi-talented.

This is not the first nor even the second blog from which I have been banned.  Not even the third.  Nor the fourth.  Might be the fifth, maybe the sixth or seventh.  I have even been banned from national network television blogs.  HA!  Beat that with a stick until it's dead, why don't ya.

I know, I know.  I should be ashamed of myself.  And I am.  Not. 

Hell, for a few days, I even got banned from my OWN blog.  That's goddamned gifted, if you ask me.  I mean, who the hell complained about the contents of my blog?  Certainly not me, and I'm the only administrator.  Apparently God himself disapproved of what I was posting.  Or maybe it was Bill Gates.  Sometimes they both mistake themselves for each other.

I don't want to bore you with the minutiae of how and why I have been banned (multiple times) from these blogs.  Also, I believe the gag orders are still in place, so it wouldn't be prudent to upset the litigants just yet.  But I can give you a little flavor, a taste, a barbecued tidbit as it were, of why the Sandbox Outcasts are now the Outcast Sandbox Outcasts. 

Take Thursday's conversation, for example.

The topic is, of course, about love since it's Valentine's Day.  It starts out innocently enough.  There are some games to play (holiday word games) along with some spirited posts about the Hallmark holiday.  I, of course, encourage everyone to shake their booty for me, which the gentlemen are happy to do.  And Tin.  She's always up for a good booty shake, even more so if firemen are around.  Valentine's Day is just another lame excuse to shake, shake, shake.

Suddenly, someone on the blog mentions fugitive cop-killer Christopher Dorner.  The conversation quickly turns dark, which, for Valentine's Day really isn't anything unusual.  After all, on February 14, 1400, King Richard II of England died while being held captive in Yorkshire at Pontefract Castle.  Ironically, he starved to death … on Valentine's Day.  No one sent him chocolates, apparently.  Captain James Cook, British explorer, whose sailing master was coincidentally William Bligh (yes, that William Bligh, captain of the mutinous Bounty crew), died on February 14, 1779, at the hands of rebellious native Hawaiians.  Then there's the infamous St. Valentine's Day Massacre, February 14, 1929, in which seven members and known associates of the Moran gang were mowed down in Chicago by members of rival Al Capone's gang. 

It seems that red is the color of Valentine's Day for a multitude of reasons. 

Back to Dorner.  The blog conversation today turns to an in-depth discussion about the cabin in which cop-killer Dorner allegedly lost his life the day before (February 13).  There is talk of an incendiary device, whether intentional or not, that set the hide-out on fire, trapping the maniac gunman inside.  Charred remains are found, and they are tentatively identified as Dorner. 

When the news hits the wire service, our blog lights up. 

I am catching up on the blog posts after a long day at work.  The posts string together without regard to time lapses, but I am suddenly very aware that there must've been a gap.  There must've been a substantial gap.  One post after an offhand reference to Kentucky Fried Dorner, one of the bloggers posts, "Has anyone been to Burton's Grill?"

Wait a sec.  Fried fugitive to grill food?  This is like transitioning at 100 mph.  This is like zero to whacko in less than a paragraph.  This is why I love this group of Outcast Sandbox Outcasts.
 
Happy belated Valentine's Day to all of my crazy blog friends.  You know who you are; we share a collective brain.  Happy day to my 'BZ reject friends, to my CBS reject friends, to my Jericho reject friends, to my Sandbox reject friends, to those I've offended on the Globe, Herald, Tribune, Keller at Large, and Conversation Nation blogs.  I apologize for partaking in the massacres of those blogs, but it seems to be a standing Valentine's Day tradition.

I'm in good company.