Monday, February 25, 2013

MONDAY, MONDAY



Monday, Monday.  You suck.

Well, it's back to the grind today.  I got nothing done on break.  Well, not entirely true; I got tons of stuff done but nothing I really truly had to get done.  My to-do list is as bad as it was a week ago.

It doesn't help that I had a days-long migraine leading into break.  It doesn't help that I broke a tooth and fender-bender-ed my car slightly over break.  It isn't important that I accomplished piles of things I didn't expect to and mismanaged my time for important things like taxes and FAFSA and my nephew's upcoming birthday.

I need a vacation planner.

No, not the kind who helps you decide where to go and what activities to do while you're there.  I need someone who can help me budget my time to actually get stuff finished.  My life is full of semi-finished things:  books half-written, clothes half-sewn, junk half-put-away, hand-made blankets started so long ago that my kids are too big now and I've forgotten how to crochet. 

I didn't finish getting the school photos together into a montage.  I didn't get to see my son's puppy.  I didn't file my taxes.  I failed to clean out the basement.   I didn't correct a single paper.  I didn't go to the gym.

I need a do-over break, but I'll have to wait until April.  Maybe if I start now and work every single night, I can accomplish the stuff on my list so April break will be for relaxing.  Wait, let me pick myself up off the floor because I laughed so hard I just feel off the computer chair.

Monday, Monday.  Back again.  Here so soon.  I've got to tell you, Monday, I didn't miss you one bit.  I'm betting the feeling was mutual.